更多企业学院:
《中小企业管理全能版》 183 套讲座+89700 份资料
《总经理、高层管理》 49 套讲座+16388 份资料
《中层管理学院》 46 套讲座+6020 份资料
《国学智慧、易经》 46 套讲座
《人力资源学院》 56 套讲座+27123 份资料
《各阶段员工培训学院》 77 套讲座+ 324 份资料
《员工管理企业学院》 67 套讲座+ 8720 份资料
《工厂生产管理学院》 52 套讲座+ 13920 份资料
《财务管理学院》 53 套讲座+ 17945 份资料
《销售经理学院》 56 套讲座+ 14350 份资料
《销售人员培训学院》 72 套讲座+ 4879 份资料
Unit 11 分析竞争对手
DEREK JONES: The technology is the same as ours.
德里克.琼斯:技术和我们的一样。
I have never seen two products which are so similar.
我从没见过两个如此相象的产品。
In concept and design there are no basic differences.
在理念和设计上没有根本的不同。
None. However I have examined the components and the xr590...
没有。但是,我检验过部件和 xr590……
KATE MCKENNA: What is the xr590?
凯特.麦凯纳:xr590 是什么?
DEREK JONES: The xr590 is the power source which drives dealer dan.
德里克.琼斯:xr590 是驱动“商人丹”的能量源。
I think it has a few weaknesses.
我认为它有几个弱点。
It' s not as good.
还不是很完善。
In my opinion it' s not reliable enough for children.
我看对儿童来讲还不足够可靠。
don bradley: Exactly how unreliable is it?
堂.布拉德利:具体讲,怎么个不可靠法?
DEREK JONES:Ican' t say exactly.
德里克.琼斯:我说不出来。
I haven' t completed the tests yet.
我还没完成测试。
It' s too early to say.
现在说为时太早。
KATE MCKENNA: Will it affect their sales?
凯特.麦凯纳:这会影响他们的销售吗?
don bradley: Derek?
堂.布拉德利:德里克?
DEREK JONES: Not much in the first six months, i suppose.
德里克.琼斯:我想最初的 6 个月不会有太大的影响。
KATE MCKENNA: It' s the first six months that are important.
凯特.麦凯纳:最初的 6 个月才是重要的。
don bradley: Edward, what do you think of their packaging?
堂.布拉德利:爱德华, 你认为他们的包装怎么样?
EDWARD GREEN: Well, plenty of bright colours.
爱德华.格林:色彩很鲜艳。
It' ll have a lot of impact at point of sale.
在现场销售时会有很强的冲击效果。
GERALDINE: I' m afraid they are all meeting at the moment.
杰拉尔丁:恐怕他们现在都在开会。
No, I' m sorry, I don' t know what time it will finish.
不, 对不起,我不知道会议什么时候结束。
I' ll put you through to mr. harris' s secretary, and she can make an appointment for you.
我给你转到哈里斯先生的秘书,她可以为你安排约会。
Please hold the line.
请不要挂机。
CLIVE HARRIS: Nice to see you again, peter.
克莱夫.哈里斯:很高兴再见到你,皮特。
It' s been a long time.
好久不见了。
PETER DAY: How are things at bibury systems?
皮特.戴:bibury 系统公司运转的怎样?
CLIVE HARRIS: Very interesting at the moment.
克莱夫.哈里斯:正处在非常有趣的时期。
PETER DAY: I' ve just heard you' re going into partnership with a rather good japanese company.
皮特.戴:我听说你们要和日本的一家不错的公司合伙。
CLIVE HARRIS: That' s not exactly true...peter, are you still doing consultancy work?
克莱夫.哈里斯:也不全是这样……皮特,你还在做顾问业务吗?
PETER DAY: yes. I haven' t retired yet!
皮特.戴:是啊。我还没退休啊!
CLIVE HARRIS: Look, can i give you a lift back?
克莱夫.哈里斯:那 ,我开车送你回去,好吗?
We haven' t had a chance to chat for a long time.
我们好久没机会一起谈谈了。
DON BRADLEY: What have you found out about their marketing strategy?
堂.布拉德利:你对他们的营销策略有什么发现吗?
KATE MCKENNA: They have already scheduled a television advertising campaign.
凯特.麦凯纳:他们已经安排了一场电视广告推广。
DON BRADLEY: Who with?
堂.布拉德利:和谁一起?
KATE MCKENNA: .
KATE MCKENNA: . The company that they always use.
凯特.麦凯纳:.他们一直用的那家公司。
DON BRADLEY: When is it scheduled?
堂.布拉德利:定在什么时候?
KATE MCKENNA: Something next month, but I haven' t found out the exact date yet.
凯特.麦凯纳:下个月的某个时候,但还没查到具体的日期。
DON BRADLEY: Have you heard what they are spending on TV advertising?
堂.布拉德利:有没有听说他们在电视广告上的花费是多少?
KATE MCKENNA: I don' t know.
凯特.麦凯纳:不知道。
GERALDINE: No, I' m sorry, they are still in a meeting.
杰拉尔丁:不,对不起,他们还在开会。
I don' t know how long they' ll be.
不知道还要开多久。
Let me take your number and I will get one of them to call you back.
我记下你的号码,我会让他们中的一个打回给你。
PETER DAY: It' s good of you to give me a lift.
皮特.戴:你真好,开车送我。
CLIVE HARRIS: It' s no problem.
克莱夫.哈里斯:没什么。
Are you still doing consultancy work for . Toys?
你还在为 .玩具公司做顾问工作吗?
PETER DAY: I wondered why you were going out of your way to give me a lift.
皮特.戴:我正在想你为什么大老远地送我,又不顺路。
CLIVE HARRIS: Well, are you?
克莱夫.哈里斯:嗯,你还在做吗?
PETER DAY: Technically no. I' ve just finished.
皮特.戴:可以说不做了。我刚做完。
But that work was confidential. [,kɔnfi'denɔəl]
但那项工作是保密的。
CLIVE HARRIS: Yes, of course.
克莱夫.哈里斯:是的,当然。
You could be working for us, you know, I might need a consultant.
你可以为我们工作,要知道,我们也可能需要顾问。
PETER DAY: Really?
皮特.戴:真的?
CLIVE HARRIS: Well, perhaps.
克莱夫.哈里斯:嗯,或许。
I might need an idea of the best way to react to Dealer Dan.
我需要一个反击“商人丹”的最佳方式的点子。PETER DAY: How did you get to hear about that?
皮特.戴:你怎么知道的?
CLIVE HARRIS: A customer.
克莱夫.哈里斯:一个顾客告诉我们的。
Do you know that Dealer Dan is very like a new toy we have developed?
你知道“商人丹”跟我们的一款新玩具很相似吗?
Dealer Dan could hurt us badly.
“商人丹”可以重创我们。
I don' t want any secrets.
我不要任何秘密。
I don' t want to compromise you, I just want some general information.
我不想为难你,我只想要些大面上的信息。
PETER DAY: How general?
皮特.戴:怎样才算大面上的信息?
KATE MCKENNA: We know their selling price, but what' s their unit cost?
凯特.麦凯纳:我们知道他们的销售价格,但他们的单位成本是怎样的?
DON BRADLEY: Derek, what' s your estimate?
堂.布拉德利:德里克,你的估计是多少?
DEREK JONES: I can' t say.
德里克.琼斯:说不上来。
I don' t know what their production run is.
我们还不知道产品是怎样的。
We haven' t had that information yet.
我们还没有这方面的资料。
DON BRADLEY: Well, Big Boss' s production run is three hundred thousand.
堂.布拉德利:“大老板”的产量是 30 万。
Will they produce three hundred thousand? Or more?
他们会生产 30 万吗?或者更多?
DEREK JONES: I don' t know the answer to that one.
德里克.琼斯:这个我不知道。
At that retail price they have to sell a lot of toys.
以那样的零售价,他们要售出很多玩具才行。
DON BRADLEY: It can' t be less than 300 thousand, can it?
堂.布拉德利:但不能少于 30 万,对吧?
PETER DAY: Thanks for the lift, Clive.
皮特.戴:谢谢你送我,克莱夫。
CLIVE HARRIS: You are something of a specialist in the Far East, aren' t you?
克莱夫.哈里斯:你在远东是名专家,对吧?
PETER DAY: You could say that.
皮特.戴:也可以这样说。
CLIVE HARRIS: Well, when this deal with this Japanese company is settled, we might need your
help.
克莱夫.哈里斯:我们和日本公司的交易完成后,我们或许会需要你的帮助。
We shall need a consultant to help set things up.
我们需要一名顾问处理事情。
Of course, the success of Big Boss is a very important part of the deal.
当然,“大老板”的成功是这项交易的一个重要部分。
PETER DAY: When might this happen?
皮特.戴:那会是什么时候?
CLIVE HARRIS: That depends.
克莱夫.哈里斯:这个要看情况。
PETER DAY: The production run is 300,000 units.
皮特.戴:产量是 30 万件。
CLIVE HARRIS: And the advertising budget?
克莱夫.哈里斯:广告预算呢?
PETER DAY: Clive, I don' t know.
皮特.戴:克莱夫, 不知道。
Really, I don' t know.
真的,我不知道。
Unit 12 商业信函和介绍
DON BRADLEY: We haven' t decided on a plan of action yet.
堂.布拉德利:我们还没决定行动计划。
We must outline a strategy, but first let me summaries what we' re said so far.
我们必须定出行动纲领,下面我先总结一下大家的发言。
This is a critical situation. ['kritikəl]
这是个非常危机的形势。
We know that . Toys are playing to win.
我们知道 .玩具公司计划大获全胜。
And we know that right now they have the edge.
我们知道,目前他们占有优势。
So, let' s look at the down side.
所以,我们先来看一下不利因素。
What are their advantages?
他们的优势是什么?
They have a larger market share;
他们有更大的市场份额;
they have a cheaper product;
他们的产品更便宜;
they have an earlier launch date,
他们产品上市时间更早,
and we think they have a larger advertising budget.
并且我们认为他们的广告预算很高。
KATE MCKENNA: Their strategy is very clear:
凯特.麦凯纳:他们的策略很清楚:
they want our share of the market, both the European market and the export market.
他们要的是我们的市场份额,包括欧洲市场和出口市场。
DON BRADLEY: We cannot let them succeed.
堂.布拉德利:我们不能让他们成功。
We have to consider which of these factors we can influence.
我们一定要考虑,我们可以影响这些因素中的哪些。
Kate, any ideas?
凯特,你怎么看?
KATE MCKENNA: There are two immediate things we can do:
凯特.麦凯纳:有两件事是我们可以马上做的:
we can increase our advertising budget and bring forward the launch date.
我们可以增加广告预算、提前上市日期。
DON BRADLEY: Derek, is that feasible? ['fi:zəbl]
堂.布拉德利:德里克,这行得通吗?
DEREK JONES: I don' t think so.
德里克.琼斯:我看不行。
CLIVE HARRIS: I' ve got some news for you all.
克莱夫.哈里斯:我有些消息要告诉大家。
DON BRADLEY: Okay, just a ' ll switch on the speaker.
堂.布拉德利:好的,请稍等。我改成扬声器。
Okay, Clive, go ahead.
好了,克莱夫,说吧。
CLIVE HARRIS: I' ve got some useful information from Peter Day:
克莱夫.哈里斯:我从皮特 o 戴得到一些有用的资料:
first of all, I think they' re moving too fast.
首先我认为他们走的太快了,
They haven' t done their sums.
他们还没做好准备。
DEREK JONES: Clive, this is Derek.
德里克.琼斯:克莱夫,我是德里克。
Do you know how large their production run' s going to be?
你知道他们的产量会是多少吗?
CLIVE HARRIS: It' s going to be around 300,000 units.
克莱夫.哈里斯:约 30 万件。
DEREK JONES: That' s about what we hoped--more than 450,000 and we' ve got problems.
德里克.琼斯:和我们想的差不多--45 万多,我们有麻烦了。
KATE MCKENNA: This is Kate. I' ve got a question.
凯特.麦凯纳:我是凯特。我有个问题。
CLIVE HARRIS: Go ahead, Kate.
克莱夫.哈里斯:说吧,凯特。
KATE MCKENNA: Were you able to find out anything about their overseas marketing strategy?
凯特.麦凯纳:能查到他们的海外销售策略吗?
CLIVE HARRIS: Well, I' ll tell you this, Kate:
克莱夫.哈里斯:凯特,我这样跟你说吧:
they won' t crack the American market--we' re a few steps ahead of them there,
他们不会动美国市场--我们比他们出手要早,
and I want you to exploit that advantage--you need to get out there fast.
我要你利用这个优势--你要尽快抓住那里的市场。
Look I' ll ring off now.
我现在要挂断了。
' ll get back to the office as soon as I can.
我会尽快赶回办公室。
DON BRADLEY: The most important thing now is to let all of the sales force know about this
change in our game plan.
堂.布拉德利:现在最重要的事就是让我们的销售人员了解我们在销售计划方面的变化。
Jenny, we need to write them at once.
詹妮,我们要立刻书面知会他们。
We need to give them some of the background to this--about what . Toys are planning,
我们要给他们一些背景--有关 .玩具公司的计划
and about our new marketing strategy--that' s 1. the launch date 2. the price cut.
有关我们新的营销策略--也就是 1、上市日期 2、降低价格
And 3. the increased advertising budget.
3、增加广告预算。
KATE MCKENNA: We need to make it clear that "Big Boss"is an absolute priority.
凯特.麦凯纳:我们要清楚的表明“大老板”才是绝对的首选。
DON BRADLEY: Jenny, could you make a draft of that
堂.布拉德利:詹妮,你能草拟以下这篇文字吗?
and we' ll get it out as soon as possible.
我们要尽快出这篇文字。
Edward--you' re been very quite--what else can we do in marketing?
爱德华--你一直沉默不语--我们在营销方面还可以做什么?
EDWARD GREEN: We must get into Smith' s catalogue--he' s chosen"Dealer Dan"and he' s
decided not to include "Big Boss".
爱德华.格林:我们必须出现在史密斯的产品目录--他选了“商人丹”而没选 “大老板”。
KATE MCKENNA: I don' t think he' ll change his mind now.
凯特.麦凯纳:我想他现在是不会改变注意的。
CLIVE HARRIS: I' ll deal with Mr. Smith--I' ll write to him straight after the meeting and let you
have a copy.
克莱夫.哈里斯:我会处理史密斯先生的事情--我会在会后写信给他,并给你们一份。
CLIVE HARRIS: Jenny, I' d like to dictate a letter which needs to be faxed as soon as possible to
Mr. Smith.
克莱夫.哈里斯:詹妮,我要口述一封信,请你尽快传真给史密斯先生。
JENNY ROSS: Right, I' m ready.
詹妮.罗斯:好的,我准备好了。
CLIVE HARRIS: Dear Mr. Smith...I have learned that you have decided to select Dealer Dan for
your catalogue, instead of Big Boss.
克莱夫.哈里斯:亲爱的史密斯先生 ……我了解到你决定选用“商人丹”进入你的产品目录
而没选“大老板”。
I understand that your reasons for rejecting "Big Boss"are as follows:
我想你拒用“大老板”的原因可能有以下几点:
1. That the unit cost will be 30% higher than the rival product.
1、我们的产品比竞争对手的单价约高 30%。
2. That the launch date of Big Boss will be three weeks later.
2、“大老板”的上市日期将迟 3 个星期。
3. That . Toys, the manufacturer, will mount an extensive advertising campaign to coincide
with the launch date of the product and the mailing date of your catalogue.
3、.玩具公司将在产品上市日和你的产品目录投递日展开大范围的广告攻势。
I would like you to reconsider your decision in the light of the following:
我希望你能根据以下几点重新考虑你的决定:
1. Bibury Systems have rescheduled the launch date of Big Boss to January 15th--one week before
the planned launch of Dealer Dan.
1、Bibury 系统公司已把“大老板”的上市日期重新定在 1 月 15 日--比“商人丹”的上市要提
前一周。
2. Because of the market profile of your catalogue, we have decided to offer you an extra %
commission on sales through the catalogue in exchange for exclusivity.
2、由于你的产品目录的市场概况,我们决定通过你的目录而购买我们产品的,我们会给你
额外 %的佣金,交换条件是我们产品在你的目录里的唯一性。
3. In addition, Bibury Systems are prepared to offer your customers a discount of 15% on the
recommended retail price.
3、此外,Bibury 系统公司准备向你的客户提供在建议零售价基础上给予 15%的优惠。
I am sure that this new information will encourage you to reconsider your decision and
include"Big Boss"in your Spring Edition.
我相信这些新的信息将鼓励你重新考虑你的决定,把“大老板”列入你的春季产品目录里。
I look forward to receiving your thoughts on this matter.
期望收到你对这件事情的想法。
Yours sincerely, Clive Harris MD Bibury Systems.
你真诚的朋友,克莱夫.哈里斯, MD Bibury 系统公司。